Wednesday, September 1, 2010

“The Expendables”….picked up this DVD and thought I’d just laze the night away watching a bunch of 80’s has-been-action-heroes trying to play all young and hunky dory. I mean, really, we are talking about Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Mickey Rourke, Arnie and Bruce Willis ALL rolled into this action-packed movie.

And as I pop the DVD in, I was thinking …damn, I am gonna be watching…..

*bunch of old men trying to play young-super-action-heroes who thinks they still have it*

*bunch of old men having some fun with their guns and knives in their backyard*

*bunch of old men who tries to show that they probably still have the bods*

*bunch of old men who’s trying to re-live their yester-years*

But, anyway, what the hell, I might as well watch it since I refused to do anything that requires the usage of ANY of my brain cells.

However, I was actually quite surprised with the movie (to be honest, I thought I was gonna shut it at the start of the movie!). These guys were actually not too bad, given their age:

*Sylvester actually looks damn good for a 60+ year old man

*Jet Li was actually still as agile and small (in physical size…not what you think it is…doink!)

*Jason still has that bad-boy look and feel

*And I still can’t understand a word from Dolph Lundgren

Altho Arnie and Bruce didn’t have a part with the action bits, I must say it was kinda nice to see the ensemble of all these action-heroes whom I kinda grew up with.

And the best part of the movie was…..it proved just one thing - a woman can certainly rule a man’s life…no matter how much testosterone rules his body. The movie took a twist when the guys, instead of going after the bad General, the boys did the whole brotherhood thingy and helped Sly saved the daughter of the bad General.

Hmmm….men…they do go weak in the presence of beauty after all!


No comments:

Post a Comment