Sunday, September 5, 2010

Burn Baby Burn!

Have you ever wondered how many calories we burn just by doing simple things or chores (and I don’t mean Gym or GX classes!). Well, I decided to do a bit of experiment just now – so I put on my good old Polar Heart Rate Monitor and started with the following chores:

  1. Hand-washed my cycling pants *not breathless lol* – Duration 2 mins – Calories burned app 15 cals.
  2. Then proceeded to cut a medium sized papaya, which includes washing, skinning and slicing it to about 6 slices – Duration 20 mins *yes, I know taking 20 mins to do this is shameful…cos PB ain’t very good when it comes to kitchen work lah* - Calories burned was another 65 cals!….*hey it was hard work ok, and I was actually sweating, especially when the papaya skin was tough!*
  3. Thereafter, sat down to start up my laptop – Duration 20 secs – Calories burned ..hmmm…did not get any reading…hehehe!
  4. Sat down for good one hour plus, working on a strategy paper which included typing feverishly on laptop, flipping through research papers, grabbing one stack of document after another, browsing back and forth websites & screaming at certain people over the phone – Duration 1 hour *duh…I had mentioned it already!* - Calories burned app 103 cals….*well, it was a very INTENSE paper to write! And lots of brain cells activated!*

Took a break to write this blog…hmm total calories burned app 183 cals….all in less than 2 hours….not bad! And only a little wee bit of sweat….during papaya cutting time and writing strategy paper….hahahaha!!!

So, my point is this - when you don’t feel like going to the gym (AHEM! AHEM! EA….please take note); you can always have the options of washing your cycling pants, cut papaya, activate those brain cells and scream at some people while working…and still burn SOME calories! HAHAHAHAAAAA!


1 comment:

  1. You sweat over writing a strategy paper? :) Must be one helluva difficult assignment!

    ReplyDelete