Thursday, July 22, 2010

Stop these parasites!

Recently I was introduced to a new friend, SD. Nice chap, who use to work in some agency too, but have now since ‘retired’ from it….*mind you at 27 and retired?* …*no, I am not being judgemental but at 27? Come on, life had hardly began yet, let alone experience in work. Maybe he’s got a rich daddy or probably some Cougar keeping him as a toyboy! *

But, anyway, those thoughts aside, we got chatted and this is it:

*He does not have a rich daddy, just an average Joe like you and I. *which again makes me wonder, wat the fark are you ‘retired’?*

*He is currently not working, just doing bits and pieces of work just to get by. *Remind me again…he is 27 and ‘retired’……*

*He’s had job offers but declined them cos they start work too early *errmm like 930am*…and they would not compromise to HIS working hours *which apparently starts after 12pm*

……and his list just went on and on and on……..

And the best part is this, whenever we go out, there seems to be this ‘unwritten rule’ that we pay for him!!!!.....*HELLO!!! Who the fark he think he is?*. Please don’t get me wrong, but Psycho Bitch here is into charity but NOT THIS SORT OF CHARITY!

Well, I decided to kinda embarrassed him yesterday when we met up with couple of friends. The bill arrived, and AS ALWAYS, we picked up his tab! I turned to him with this:

ME: Hey SD, your share today is RMXX, plus what I paid for you the other time, that would total up to about RM XX.

SD: *looking uncomfortable*….oh err…when can I pay u?

ME: What do you mean ‘when’? Huney, normally you pay IMMEDIATELY!

SD: *keeps quiet*…..oh ok ok…I pay you ah….*sheepishly turned away from me*

ME: SD, normally when you ‘retire’, it means you should be able to keep up with your daily life activities without having to ‘wait to pay’ your friends. So, it would be great if you can pay me now, cos I don’t think I am gonna have the chance to see you anytime soon.

Instantaneously, there was this awful sense of quietness amongst us….all staring and trying not to blink or bat an eyelid.

And sadly, one of the girls decided to pay on his behalf, yet again! There may be cures for parasites that thrive amongst us (internally and externally), but, really, how do you get rid of this sort of ‘human parasites’? None, I suppose…….and as long as there are people who ‘help’ them, the vicious cycle repeats.…..


No comments:

Post a Comment