Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sleepy Balls

World Cup….finally over! No more silly octopus predictions! *OH HOW I HATE THAT SQUID!* Don’t get me wrong. I luv every bit of World Cup especially when my favourite teams like Germany and Brazil were playing…that is till that farking sotong predicted them OUT!*Hope Paul lands itself in some Japanese restaurant soon!*

Look guys, I am noooo football expert. Come on, the ONLY reason I watch 22 guys running after ONE ball…hmmm…is really for those hawt bods, ok. Well, having said that, as duh with football as I am with IT, last night’s Final match, in my opinion, was quite a disaster. My 2 cents worth:

1. Aren’t passing the ball to your team mates is suppose to be a smooth transition, eg precise, accurate….and eyes on the BALL?? What I saw was sloppiness, inaccuracy and definitely few missed catches.

2. It is a sports team, right? But there was that moment of desperation where I noticed one of the Dutch players futile attempt to score a goal from some god-forsaken distance…and not looking out if any of his team mates were around to help! Quite honestly, I didn’t see any strategy from either team…it was free for all….where the ball went…they all bunched up together!

3. OMG! The number of yellow cards and one red card given out! We could have started a side bet with “let’s guess how many more yellow cards can each team get?” LOL! *at the rate the cards were being collected, they might as well just give each player a card!*

4. At one moment I seriously thought I was watching a bunch of hooligans playing football – my goodness, the number of elbowing, kicks in the solar plexus, stamping on hammies, quads and god knows where else!

5. “And the OSCAR goes to……*drum roll*….the Spaniards!!!!” I must say all the falling and tumbling, and those awfully painful looks makes them the sure winner!

Well, so much for World Cup. For me, it did not end on a high. There was more fun watching the teams in semi-finals, and definitely more excitement watching Germany thrash Argentina and also Germany vs Uruguay…..*in case u have yet to notice, I am a BIG German fan*…am telling you, that is one team to watch out for in the next World Cup, given this is a very young team…and many good looking Germans too *wink*

Till then….*yawn*…sleepy HOLA!


No comments:

Post a Comment