Sunday, May 2, 2010

Light Bulbs Moments

It’s been quite a weekend of “LightBulb Moments”.

Well, my “LightBulb Moments” weekend started when I discovered on a bright Sat morning that my phone was barred…and Psycho Bitch promptly swung into action with a call to DIGI Helpline:

ME: Hi, can I check why have you guys barred my calls??!!

HELPLINE: Pls give me a minute, I will check for you….well, ma’am looks like your bill has not been paid *pls note that I was not too amused to be referred to as Ma’am….hellloooooo….I am the Cougar!!! Didn’t she get the memo?*

ME: *Immediately flew into a rage* EXCUSE ME! What do you mean I have not paid? You BETTER check that stupid system cos I remember paying last THURSDAY!

HELPLINE: I am sorry Ma’am, but our system shows otherwise. Perhaps, if you can provide me with the reference receipt which was given to you by our centre, I can help you check?

ME:*Paused momentarily* …*wait a minute, I didn’t get any receipt….hmmm…hang on…where is that freaking receipt*…Hold on…let me look for that receipt…..*I swear to you I could not find ANY receipt!!!!*

HELPLINE: Ma’am…do you still want to hold or would you like to call back?

ME: *This is when I realized…she was right…I did not pay my bills….yikes .TING TING…I can see Light Bulbs lighting up like Xmas trees around me!*……oh ok ok…let me call you back! Thank you!!

Now now…how did that happened? You guys would not believe it if I told you that I thought I had paid….only in my DREAMS I did…so vivid the dream that I took it for real….hehehe!

And of course there was “LightBulb Moment no 2” on that same Sat, when Hammy 3 and I decided to pop by Adidas KLCC for some shopping therapy after RPM. (For those of you who don’t know me, I don’t carry any credit cards cos I don’t believe in owing the bank any money!)

So, anyway, Hammy 3 managed to pick out some pretty interesting stuff and I got my eye on this really cute bag; but obviously I didn’t have enough cash with me. So Hammy 3 paid for his stuff and turned to walk out of Adidas with me:

ME: Eh, I need to go to Maybank ATM….withdraw cash to get that bag…hehehe!

HAMMY 3: Aiyoo! U damn farking ma-fan lah! Get a bloody credit card lol! Is sooooo much easier…just swipe and pay!...:-P

ME:NO NO NO! I will not owe the bloody stupid bank anything!

HAMMY 3: Eh woman! Wait…U have a MBB ATM card??? Isn’t that a Debit Card too??

And I swear to you there was a “lightbulb moment” as Hammy 3 glared at me:

HAMMY 3: OI!!! You can pay with the ATM card lah …OMG!!!!! Shy lah! U sure u my hag ah???

ME: Oh yah hor…..oopsie daisie….

And marching back to Adidas we did to get my bag and discover the wonders of Debit Card! Not forgetting to have a clear demarcation between reality and dreams…cos I think the poor girl at the Helpline may have gone thru some nightmare……


3 comments:

  1. That poor digi customer service girl kena buta buta stray bullets from yours truly... tsk tsk tsk....

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know i know..i felt really really bad lah!!! aiyoooo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Light bulbs? More like the Stadium Floodlights!

    ReplyDelete