Tuesday, April 27, 2010

No Shit! No need to fret...smile!

Freshly baked bread, buns, smell of my brew coffee, roasted eggplant, sundried tomatoes ciabatta with melted cheese sandwhich….hmmmm…such a blissful morning and so peaceful as I am seated typing this at my favourite bread shop up in Jalan Setiakasih, Damansara Heights. Just finished my RPM class at MML and decided to pop by here…and sitting here now amidst the quietness is EXACTLY the reason why I left the serious-back biting advertising world.

The past 2 weeks have just been crazy for me – replacing RPM classes, teaching my own RPM classes coupled with work that ‘tsunami-ed’ themselves on me. Have not had time to breathe and enjoy this kind of moment. As much as I still love what I do, at times, people do drive us absolutely nuts – clients who decides to brief at the last minute, changes to final creative work AFTER all approval have been obtained, cutting down costs as though I run a pasar malam store and thankfully this was the prayer that’s kept me going over the past few weeks - *Dear Lord…keep me sane and give me strength to deal with these idiots*….hehehe..although I don’t think He’d appreciate me calling others idiots in my prayer LOL!

And of course, on a more personal front, had friends who went thru break-ups and playing Aunt Thelma I did, cos I care enough for them, despite my own crazeee week and stress.

Having gone through an absolutely crazeeeeeee week, I am beginning to think *as I am smelling the caffeine-enriched cappuccino*, it wasn’t all that bad. The happenings in the past weeks actually did teach me a couple of things *or at least reminded me of certain things in life*. Amongst which were these:

*There is REALLY no need to fret when client briefed late…they most likely got their act together late…not my loss, cos it is their campaign that will suffer, as long as I have done my best to help them.

*It doesn’t matter if they wanna chop my cost down by a ridiculously 50%, cos I got to say “NO, I don’t want to take this job”…not my loss, cos I will never de-value my experiences.

*Is ok if they decide to make changes even AFTER the final approval was sealed…flip the coin, and you will see that it was for the better…never settle for “just ok”.

*Is ok if clients refused to pay you the rejection fees, after an agreement was obtained…cos they will lose something else along the way…their credibility.

*Life is made of make-ups and break-ups…is ok (to my dear friends reading this, you know who you are) *even if they “un-friended” you on FaceBook or never gave you a reason for the break-up…cos everything happens for a reason, and when that reason have come to pass, hope that you learnt something good from it, let it go, and move on…and trust me, when you look back, you will realize that it didn’t matter at all.

All of us are gonna go thru shit, and at times it may look like there is no way out, or apocalypse is coming, and we tend to blame others or how others have wronged us.

But you wanna know something – one day all of us are gonna sit back, at some bread shop, having freshly baked bread and brew coffee…and say “hey, it wasn’t that bad, it certainly hurt or angered me at THAT time but it didn’t kill me. I am still well alive and life will go on anyway”

So, why fret? Make the most and be grateful for the idiots around us, cos they can only make us better…if we choose to be.

4 comments:

  1. A wise and lovely, lovely, lovely entry PB!
    Glad you're smelling the roses along the way :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Booker....we all need a little bit of reminders to smell the roses along the way...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh.. so u went to Breadshop ah? Nice place to chill out... I like the place too but too modern for me...

    Booker: Hey... Are u back yet? we MUST meet and catch up!

    Cheers ladies....

    Merv

    ReplyDelete
  4. M, I agree.... i had a shitty 2 weeks... and this morning, i was munching on some freshly baked samples my baker did for testing... hehehe minus the environment and no cappucino, but a kopi O, still it was good... :)

    I'm glad I smelled some 'tulips' today...

    Merv

    ReplyDelete