Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Indecent proposal


“Millionaires’ ads for hubby draw at least 20 suitors”...this headline caught my eye as I was reading thru my e-newspaper *in case u don’t know I have stopped buying hardcopies of newspaper cos 1) save the trees 2) too much bullshit in papers for me to spend that sort of money on*

Interesting isn’t it? In the early days, men are the ones who used to openly court women and put up ads looking for potential wives. Look like the table has turned. Mind you the millionaires are two ladies, from Thai and China respectively, both 46.

You would probably think that people who ‘applied’ for that position are most likely useless, low-paid guys.....aha! Just like you, I thought the same too...and oh was I wrong! The applicants (and their ‘reasons’) include:

Applicant no 1: Contractor (Reason: can speak Thai)…hence can help the Thai millionaire-ess with her biz apparently

Applicant no 2: Part-time actor (Reason: his parents had passed away)…*I wonder how is that even a plausible reason*

Applicant no 3: A company director (Reason: Children grown up, divorced for 2 years)…hmm, how predictable can this one get LOL

BUT, applicant no 4 really top the rest….His reason being…A BANKRUPT AND HOPING TO MARRY EITHER ONE OF THE WOMEN TO SAVE HIS BLOODY FUTURE!!!!!...Really *gasps!!!*

Now, tell me, how do you really top that one? *look of disgust*…what happened to that “We are men who will provide for my family”, “We are taught to work hard to support our families”, “We, men cannot live off women…bad bad”…hais…

Different people will marry for different reasons, and we are also not in any position to judge. However, as liberal as PB may be, I still believe there are still some lines that should not be crossed…and I personally think this is one of them…marrying for the sake of money instead of working for your own keeps…..hmmmm… *but then again, this is only MY opinion*

No comments:

Post a Comment