Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Money, Money, Money!!!!


Recently heard something rather disturbing from a friend GB, found out that one of our friend (we call him BB for P&C purposes lah) have been lying to us about his financial status..*no no not about how rich or poor he is*! But apparently he’s been owing couple of people we know of money! And u know what saddens me is this: he has no idea that GB and I know about it! And yet he is still mooching around splurging as tho money grew on trees for him! *Honestly, I hope it is not a case of “keeping up with the Joneses”*, cos BB is probably the least errrrmmm …..”financially healthy” amongst the couple of us.

Anyway, one of the people (I will call him CM) he owed money to actually spoke to me couple of days back (it seems like BB had tumpang CM to buy something when CM was holiday-ing in Bali) and asked if I could find out what was going on..*ok, here goes Aunt Thelma in action*:

ME: oi! How u doing ah? How’s work?

BB: All is great! Work is good. Eh, are we still going on that holiday we were talking about ah?

ME: Yup yup..u can go ah? Oh, hv u spoken to CM lately?

BB: CM?..Errr *he pauses* no wor..dunno how is he lah? Oh by the way, that holiday thingy, let me know yah cos I wanna join u guys..would be fun!!!

ME: *hmmm…how the hell do I even brooch the subject to him lah??*…eh BB, I met CM other day….*I swear to you I could so see BB’s eyes widening so much that his eyeballs were gonna pop out!*…he was worried about you and if u are ok? Is something wrong that I should know about? * I swear to you BB I will clonk you if you don’t reveal the truth!!!”

BB: No ah. All ok. Aiyah that CM..dunno why he worries just bcos I hv not called him.

ME: *decided I will not beat around the bush anymore*…..BB, u paid CM for that gift u asked him to get from Bali ?

BB: Oh that one issit? No lah ..cos CM says I can take my time lah…..

*I paused, rolled my eye balls*…..This PB is thinking…how stupid can BB get – does he not realize that I would probably already have the slightest idea that I know the truth, since I asked???? DUH!!!

But, u know what is even more disappointing, besides the fact that he owed CM money (for a while now), BB is a good friend from my Uni days, and if he was facing any financial difficulty, let us know. We just wanna help cos we are worried.

True friends will never judge…..

No comments:

Post a Comment