Sunday, January 23, 2011

Wat's up doc?

Hey peeps! Welcome back… to me! Yay! feels great to be home after having spent couple of days at the hospital. Well, as you all can see I AM ALIVE! (those of you who may not have been aware, I was in a surgery last week and I just got checked out over the weekend).

The surgery itself (and most part of the pre-surgery went ‘handsomely’ well too…AHEM! Note the key word ‘handsome’). OK, you know how nervous I was with this whole damn surgery thing.

As I marched into the hospital on Jan 19, 2011, staring down the hospital admission lobby, looking at all the sick people around me, and not to mention the old and unattractive (but rich) doctors scurrying around in their white robes, I was thinking “why none of these doctors look like bloody McSteamy!!!!”

Then I was being prep for the surgery – the whole sterilized bath, changed into the horrible looking hospital gown, BP check and all….then I got pushed into the ‘waiting bay’ at the OT…then I was told that my Anaesthetist will attend to me shortly. So, I laid there watching the rest of the anaesthetist (whom were old, not good looking…uuurrrgghhh!) attend to the other patients.

After a good 15 minutes, this particular anaesthetist (who still had his mask on), came by to me and I was thinking (Good gawd, you must be that ugly to keep the mask on! Ok whatever you look like, just bring it on and give me your best jab!)…then he spoke….LOL! BEHOLD! THAT VOICE!!!!OMG and the MASK CAME OFF….All of a sudden, the surgery didn’t look that bad after all!! He was the cutest doc I had seen around the hospital so far! OMG…AND HE’S BEEN HIDING IN THE OT ALL THIS WHILE…WTF!!!! Ooohhhh! Can I play nurse and doctor?

But before I could savour the doc any further (nor even count pass 2), I was back in my room! The surgery was over!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Where is my cute anaesthetist?????BRING HIM BACK! And I never saw him after that throughout my stay at the hospital…..boo hoo hoo!

But, it did prove one thing, that there is always a possibility of a McSteamy at our hospital, and no, I was not drugged yet at that point.


1 comment:

  1. during my procedure, when they push me into the OT, the sound of "hotel California" was playing loudly in the room and my anesthetist was dancing to the tune of the music.

    for a split second, i was thinking, hmm, good drug. then i realized no drug yet. but then, i know i am in good hand, the doctor with good taste of music.

    ReplyDelete