Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Hey, it could have been worse!

I had just got back from my post surgery check-up. The verdict?

Well, the surgery thingy is good, just that I am one organ short now *bye bye gall bladder*; hey but otherwise I still have the rest of the important organs!

The only other disturbing matter would be the result of my liver biopsy. The verdict – exhibits mild peri-portal hepatitis/inflammation. *WTF does that jargon mean??*…Well, first of all, it supports what the ultrasound scanning had picked up plus what my surgeon saw during the keyhole surgery. And according to my doctor, this is a sign or the beginning of something worse that MAY come later part in my life *okkkaayyy, I don’t even want to think what THAT maybe*. The GOOD news, at the least, is that the blood test had ruled out all the OTHER major liver diseases. PHEW!

Scary huh? Yeah, this is probably a result of too much drinking in my early years and not having better taken care of my health. Like my mom had always said “You had better take good care else you won’t know what will hit you as you age!”

Suddenly I realized that as healthy as we all may look, or try our utmost best to take good care of ourselves, exercise till the cow come home (AHEM! EA….are u reading this?), it is never a guarantee that we will always be healthy or think that nothing will happen to us. Hey after all, I am at my peak…who would have guessed that I will lose ONE organ now!

This experience, once again, is making me re-think about my life. What EXACTLY do I really wanna do?

One thing for sure, this has just CONFIRMED that I will not want to be doing Advertising & Strategic Planning anymore…I wanna go out there and REALLY LIVE MY LIFE…maybe run the 42km marathon that I have been putting off for 2 whole years, complete ONE Ironman perhaps, take my parents for a holiday (WOW! The last time I went on a holiday with them was like 20 donkey years ago!), save the world maybe and so what if we all gain some pounds….I dunno…suddenly Life seems abundant and is up to me how I really want to live it this time.

After all, this was probably another wake-up call or second chance from God to make it better….perhaps…after all, if you want the rainbow, you have to put up with the rain first….


3 comments:

  1. welcome to the post-laparoscopic club. Did that 2 years ago.

    no side effect when consumed BKT :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Live life as how you think you should live your life! Life is too short, as they all say...so if you can afford the time/space, then like the saying goes, Just Do It. Procrastination leads to nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank u guys! the last thing we all want to do is to look back and say..."damn it! wished I had done it!"

    ReplyDelete