Tuesday, January 4, 2011

To cut or not to cut?

It’s been a rather interesting and tiring week for me since the Christmas and New Year. And no, it had nothing to do with partying nor drinking. This PB has just been busy pottering between 2 hospitals….trying to get myself sorted out, not psychologically!

Ok, in short, I have not been well past 3 months, was diagnosed with GERD (Pls check wiki if unsure), condition didn’t improve, hence got sent to gastroentologist, did ultrasound scan plus endoscopy…*you get the picture lah*. In short, I am due to go under the knife pretty soon to remove gall bladder stones (to quote my surgeon “you cannot delay anymore, the stones are tiny, very dangerous”) AND possibly a liver biopsy….*yucks!*

Anyway, when I was told about my inevitable surgery, of course I panicked bcos I am thinking:

*Damn! I can’t do the Great Eastern 30km Pacesetter this month…SHIT! SHIT! SHIT! Oh wait, maybe, just maybe I could do the run first, THEN do the surgery…HMMMM…..

*AIYOO!!! Need to find replacements for my RPM classes….damn it!

*Wait, how about all my races, triathlons in the near few months…am I gonna recover on time? FARK!!!!!!

*My work? …SCREW the work!

*Oh no….2 weeks’ recovery time…oh no!!!my fitness level! My stamina! My strength! Suffer!!!!!

Yes, I was that psycho…to think about all that and despite having gotten a 2nd opinion, I am still that close in delaying the surgery...*OH, I can so hear Hammy 3, EA, LB all screaming at me…NO MORE DELAYING! DO THE BLOODY SURGERY ASAP!*

I know, I know…resistance is futile…….and maybe, this is God’s way of telling me…”Take a break, woman!”


2 comments:

  1. Woman, get it over n done with ASAP!!
    This it not an option~~quoting PB :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. i recovered from the removal of gall bladder in about a week. piece of cake.

    get it done.

    ReplyDelete