Thursday, January 27, 2011

A blissful morning

What a wonderful morning. I am seated by the pool side in RSGC, and is now 800 am. It is such a cooling morning and only with a couple of regular swimmers in sight (Don’t worry Hammy 3 and LB, I am not here to swim!). Just decided to get out of the house after being locked-down since my operation last week.

Watching the swimmers suddenly made me realize something I have always taken for granted. I have always loved to swim and hence my participation in trialthlons. However, I am not allowed to swim nor run until 6 weeks after my surgery *well well, damn it!!!!*.

My point being – the very thing I have always thought was the safest to do ie swimming (low impact, total body workout etc etc etc), is now the very thing I CANNOT DO till early March! Who would have thought a keyhole laparoscopy could do this to an ever so hyper woman! Hey but look at the bright side, this has taught me to appreciate the very thing that I take for granted though.

At least, I am still well and alive to come back stronger after 6 weeks….till then I shall continue to bask in the sun, by the pool….without having to work up a maximum heart rate!


No comments:

Post a Comment