Thursday, November 25, 2010

Knock knock ...who's there?

I received this weird sms from my sister just this morning regarding my neighbour’s house renovation. But before I reveal that sms to you, a little bit of background about the renovation:

This young couple with daughter bought the house next to ours and started renovating like almost 5 months ago…*seriously, there was NO major work, just the normal tearing down walls, building in cabinets and re-tiling the outside…you get my drift …the standard renovation stuffs….but 5 FARKING MONTHS???Why am I uptight about it? Well:

1. I took only 3 months to renovate my place, and mind you, my renovation work had way lots more done up

2. I was consistently checking on my contractor and my ID every day….almost every other hour nearing completion…cos I had agreed with my neighbours that I will finish my reno quick so as not to inconvenient them…which my guys promptly did deliver in 3 months.

Where am I going with this?

1. My beloved new neighbor had promised that all KNOCKING, DRILLING work will be done by HARI RAYA 2010…Up till now, I still hear that wee bit of KNOCKING and DRILLING!....AND because I work from home, this ain’t helping, huney! (I sent a not-so-nice sms to my beloved neighbor)

2. The agreement was NOT TO WORK on weekends…guess what…in the last 3 weekends, their contractor had sneakily worked…AARRGGHHHH!!! (I sent a not-so-nice sms to my beloved new neighbor)

And I thought all will be over soon, when he sent MY SISTER a sms last Monday informing us that he will be moving in on Nov 29…YAY!!!...

*HMMMM…I should be happy, right? I looked out into their house and told my sister this – “the farking house is still not painted”, “all the tiles are still NOT laid”, “And there are still major knocking going on”….really, I don’t think they are gonna make it in on Nov 29, 2010!*

AHA! I was right, when I received this sms this morning which was FORWARDED to me by my sis, and it reads:

“Hi Miss XXX, Can you pls help me to inform your sister that we won’t be able to move in on Nov 29. It will have to be sometime in Dec 15. Pls tell her we are very sorry about it. Thx”

I must have really scared him off in the last few months with all my sms-es…but another 2 farking weeks!!!!! ….BREATHE PB, BREATHE…….It will be over….soon…

p/s: Just checked on his contractors, they are nowhere to be seen….and they are normally NOWHERE to be seen in the afternoons….and you wonder why his renovation is taking soooo long to complete…..


No comments:

Post a Comment