Sunday, November 28, 2010

BJ, anyone?


A heart-shocking incident happened just the other day over dinner with my 12 year old nephew, YZ:

YZ: Hey auntie M, just wondering now that the school holidays are here, do you think I can play a game? *smiles sheepishly*

PB: What game you want to play la? No more online games ah…

YZ: Well…am wondering if I can play BJ?

*yes, people, you read it right, he said “BJ”!!!!

*For a moment, I am thinking….Oh dear…did he REALLY mean BJ as in THE BJ? I mean he is after all 12…u know...the puberty thingy kicking in and all….hmmmmm….How do I ask to make sure it is NOT the original BJ….

PB: Errr….why do you want to play BJ ah? And by the way, you DO know what is BJ, right?

YZ: Halllloooooo…..of course I KNOW what a BJ is. We were playing it in school during the last few days of school…duh!

PB: *WTF!!!!*….Oi…what do you mean you were playing BJ in school??? Who taught you how to play BJ!!!

YZ: Whoa Aunty, why you reacting like that ah? Is only BJ…We can play together…hehehe

PB: WHAT!!!!!

YZ: Is easy la…you get the cards ready and we can play!

PB: Cards? What cards?

YZ: *slapped his forehead*…helllooooo…playing cards…else how to play Black Jack? Sheesh!

Ah….then it dawned on me…BJ = Black Jack….oorrrrrr…I seeee…a little heart-attack there, but then again I should have been more prepared. After all, he is growing up….fast…..

No comments:

Post a Comment