Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Same shit...again!

So far, this week’s been quite hell-ish for me with the amount of work just piling up pass my head.

Remind me again…why did I leave the advertising industry? Recap, people, recap:

1. The corporate 9am-5pm schedule…well, in our case, is 9am to……??? *when was the last time I got up at 9 am and leisurely mooch around the house in my PJs*

2. Client’s very unclear briefs, and any attempt to clarify with them will result with this comment from clients: “Wasn’t my brief clear enough? And you call yourselves agency people?”….hmmm…*duh, Mr Client, if it was that CLEAR, we won’t have to ask, do we!!!*

3. Multiple Strategy papers to write……one overlapping the other….*and then getting comments like this from clients: “What Strategy?”*

4. Writing and re-writing creative brief, production brief, integrated brief, PR brief….*ok, really, the only brief I wanna see right now is the one on Matthew Morrison!*

5. Breakfast? Lunch time?...errrr….what are those? Yes…working thru breakfast and lunches…and sometimes thru wee hours of the night!

6. Shopping with the others on Saturdays and Sundays…..damn the farking jam lol!

7. Client calling for meeting at un-godly hours like 4 pm…when I am all preparing to leave for my RPM class!

Amongst all, I forgot why I left the industry….was for my health! I was in a rut, health deteriorating, was constantly on gastric meds and I certainly don’t want a return of my panic attacks!

So, tell me….why do I sense I am heading down that familiar road, again?...So sad..when we keep turning down those familiar roads….hmmmm….


No comments:

Post a Comment